Sunday, September 20, 2015

Nordette: A morning after pill encounter

Hello everyone. I started this blog because I too can feel what you are probably feeling right now. I tried searching the web for a solution but unfortunately most posts are already outdated. So this is a new take on things.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. What I post here are strictly my opinion. I am NOT promoting abortion or contraceptives neither pre marital sex.

Yes. I know. You made a mistake and you're searching for solutions maybe because you are not yet ready to have a baby. The right time will come and it just so happens that it's not today. I hear you.

Let me tell you about Nordette. It is about 85-95% effective if used PROPERLY.

It is a 21 pill containing contraceptive pills. There are 2 manufacturers for this. 
The white pills by Pfizer

and the green package by Wyeth,


BOTH WORKS JUST FINE..
This will cost you about 160-180 pesos. (I bought mine at a small drugstore near our house.)
This is available in any drugstore Nationwide. If ever they ask you for prescription the just go to a smaller and cheap drugstores.

Nordette is used as an Oral Contraceptive Pills so PLEASE let's not make it a habit of using this as often as we like. This may actually cause cancer or infertility at a massive dose.

So let's get to it.
There are 2 doses you have to follow.
First: make sure that you are really fertile. Check your period and count the days. But if you are experiencing irregular menstruation like me then you can skip this already.
Second: After intercouse you SHOULD take 4 pills (FIRST DOSE) of nordette ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Try not to delay for over 24 hours however some cases say that it is still effective till 120 hours.

1-48hrs after unprotected sex: 90-95%effective
49-72hrs after unprotected sex: 80-85% effective
73-120hrs after unproteced sex: 70% below

So PLEASE take it as early as possible.

Third: After 12 hours of your first dose, take ANOTHER 4 pills ALL AT THE SAME TIME. (second dose).

That is all to it. PLEASE try to follow the time table. Some blogs say that it is still effective even 1 hour late but common, why take the risk guys! Save the rest of the pills left. By the end of this you should have ingested a total of 8 pills. 13 should be left out of the 21 pills.

To make sure, you can purchase a PREGNANCY TEST KIT at around 135 pesos. 2-3 weeks after

Side effects are as follows: The most prominent is NAUSEA and VOMITTING (if you vomit after the first or second dose it's still fine because it is only a side effect. just make sure that atleast a good 4-5 hours have past to make sure that the pills were properly absorbed. If vomitting occured right after ingestion then take another 4 pills. Next is STOMACH CRAMPS. This is tolerable and nothing to worry about. BLOATING. 
DO REMEMBER that by dong this method you are actually ingesting a LARGE amount of hormones all at the same time so you would really feel side effects.

WHAT TO DO AFTER:
Just wait. Patience is KEY. Do not stress yourself and wait for the WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. This is usually the one that most likely is the marker for effectiveness. You will have a reddish to brownish discharge that usually lasts for up to a week. Some blogs say that it is already your menstrual cycle but some says it's not. The withdrawal bleeding is expected 4-14 days after the second dose.

This is my experience...
My boyfriend and I had intercourse dated September 7 2015 at around 5:00pm. He was a virgin that time and did not really know the consequences and I do blame myself for not explaining it to him. He ejaculated inside me and I did not know it just yet. I thought that he used the withdrawal method. After the deed, he told me that he could not control it anymore so he wasn't able to pull it out right away. To make the story short, I asked him to buy me a Nordette and he was able to give it to me the next day(September 8, 2015) at around 4:30pm. I ingested 4 pills immediately. I woke up 12 hours after at 4:30am (September 9, 2015) to take my second dose of Nordette. I took for pills for the second dose. On that same day, I immediately felt the side effects of Nausea and Vomitting. I could not do anything because a simple chore would make me feel so nauseous already. I do not want to vomit at all so I remained at bed almost the whole day. The side effects only lasted me a day. I was very paranoid because the withdrawal bleeding did not happen for me right away. But luckily, September 16, 2015 was the date that it finally came. I still am bleeding and hopefully this could mean that my long wait is finally over.

If you have any more questions, please comment down below. I tried making it as detailed as possible to help you guys. Thank You and GOD BLESS all of us.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma-ooverdose po ba ako if I take Nordette after 2 doses again. Nalate po kasi ng isang oras ang pag-inom ko for the second dose. I'm worried na wala akong nararamdamang side effects. Sana po may makasagot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma-ooverdose po ba ako if I take Nordette after 2 doses again. Nalate po kasi ng isang oras ang pag-inom ko for the second dose. I'm worried na wala akong nararamdamang side effects. Sana po may makasagot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi what if tinake yung 4 pills kaso isa isa and then yhe next 12 hrs 4 pills kaso isa isa ulit, same lang po ba effectiveness nun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did u have withdrawal bleeding by now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi? i had my period last march 20 (first day). then yesterday (march 28) i had intercourse with my bf but with protection (condom). the condom didn't break or get damage. but we're not really sure if he cums inside or outside. then after few minutes, he used his fingers. then again, we're not sure if his hands or fingers we're already dry or if it really has some of his cums. i'm not sure if i'm already in my fertile days.. so please help me. should i still take nordette or i'm just paranoid and over thinking. i'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i had my period may 20 and lastd may 25 ask q lang po nagdo po km ng mr q d same day n naglast period q may 25 he cums inside m d next morning may 26 i buy nordette...uminum po aq ng 4 pils 7:45 and after 12 hours i drink d second dose 4 pils again 7:45 pm tapos po nag vomit po aq madling araw ng may 27 ...may chance b n mbuntis aq ? Im woried

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Ms.knowit all.

    Pwede po ba ask if you take nordette ok lng po ba if 4th dosage ang pagtake ang gap is every twelve hours wala po ba side effects kng gang 4th dosage...thank you
    waiting for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello,my period start last April 12 to 15 then I take a nordette 21 pill,April 17,1 tablet each day,we make love with my husband April 24. but I did not take the pill the same time each day and I skip 1 tabler but i take 2 tablet the following night. it is possible that I get pregnant

    ReplyDelete